How to get over self-pity: travel edition
For when it seems like all your friends have Barcelona stories but you. You have zero Barcelona stories.
- •Remember that your parents, who are significantly older than you, haven't been to many more countries than youThey deserve to travel way more than you!!
- •Remember that the majority of Americans have never been abroad😞
- •Remember all the places you *have* beenYou've been to London! And Montreal! And Puerto Rico! And so many lovely places in the United States! And you were born in India — people tend to exaggerate this one, going to India for me is basically like going to grandmas house anywhere, but it's still pretty damn cool
- •Remember you are only 23There are like a gajillion more years to see the world
- •Remember that you always appreciate things more when you earn themI could've gone on a wonderful Parisian vacation when I was 17 but would that be as special as going when I'm 24, spending money i earned, taking time off that I won't get back?
- •Remember life is long and full of surprises and where there's a will there's a wayWho knows! Maybe one day I'll move to Bali to work on a novel
- •Remember to treat everyday life like an adventure, because it ISEspecially when you live in New York City 🗽