Small Town News
Hometown updates from my mom during Thanksgiving break
- •D-Lite Donuts opened up where the old Blimpies used to be."They also sell sushi."
- •There's a brand new football stadium being built.My far-from-academically-rigorous high school is dropping $2.5 mil on a new football stadium (complete with Jumbotron) for our team that's won 2 games in the last 2 years 🙄🙄🙄
- •Mama G's (a local Italian restaurant) burned."To the ground." 😔
- •Sweet Breads, which burned down last year, has reopened.(This is actually a really big deal)
- •The newest stores all over the county are thrift stores.
- •There's a new Goodwill in the old Walmart building."Have you been there yet? I'll show it to you. It's humongous."
- •The Dollar General that opened on our street is, as expected, the worst thing that has ever happened."Grace, it's awful! You can see the lights from our yard!"