'WHAT IF' QUESTIONS MY STUDENTS HAVE ACTUALLY ASKED TO GET OUT OF DOING WORK
Ten year olds + 'what if' questions = maddening
- •What if I lose my hands? Do I still have homework?
- •What if there's a tornado tomorrow? (We live in New England)
- •What if I have three soccer games tomorrow and I break my leg?
- •What if the moon just disappears? Do we still have to observe it?
- •What if my mom says I'm not allowed to do my homework (me: "why would she say that?" them: "she wouldn't but what if--")
- •What if Ms. B tells us NOT to do our reading?
- •What if my homework gets stolen by a hawk?
- •What if I have surgery? (Me: "are you sick?" them: "no?" me: "why would you need surgery?" them: "I don't know. Appendicitis?")
- •What if my favorite movie is on tv?