E3 Press Conferences of 2017 Ranked
- 7.Devolver0/10. Good joke. Bad press conference. Especially for those of us who love Devolver games and were excited about them stepping into the E3 ring.
- 6.Bethesda4/10. I was glad to see Evil Within 2, but there was no real need for this to be a press conference. The opening video with families was great.
- 5.EA5.5/10. A Way Out looks so good. The ghost of Amy Hennig's Star Wars game is haunting EA's conferences. Mahershala is in Madden. Cool.
- 4.Sony6.8/10 Great pace and style. Bad/virtually no reveals. But the games they showed again looked cool. I believe the only games they showed for this year were DLC or originally envisioned as DLC (Lost Legacy). I would have pushed hard to get God of War out by holiday.
- 3.Ubisoft7.2/10. I can't believe this but I think Mario+Rabbids looks real fun. And obviously Beyond Good and Evil 2 is a ways off, but it felt momentous. Michel Ancel and the Kingdom Battle director getting emotional made me glad. Lastly Assassin's Creed actually looks cool.
- 2.Nintendo8/10. I went in with the highest expectations for Nintendo and I walked away slightly disappointed. No GameCube virtual console. No Retro Studios. But some genuine surprises and man does Odyssey look slick.
- 1.Microsoft8.5/10. Game after game after game. Not all of them were exclusive- maybe less than half were truly exclusive. But man did it seem like a lot of cool stuff is coming to this system. Sea of Thieves, Ori, Forza, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Life is Strange, Metro, the Artful Escape- the list goes on. This is maybe the first time ever I've really wanted an Xbox. And this after a year where they cancelled several high profile games. I'm a believer in Microsoft now.