FLAWLESS MOMENTS FROM A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN
I started keeping track when I was about halfway through so this list isn't really complete.
- •"He looked over the heads of the passengers pretending to study an Ex-Lax advertisement"lolz
- •"I bet your husband spits on you... afterwards!"The most intense burn I've read in a book ever.
- •"If ever I have children I will not read their diaries as I believe that even a child is entitled to some privacy. If Mama finds this again and reads it, I hope she will take the hint."
- •"Airplanes! Just a crazy fad. Won't last long."
- •"I got nothing to worry about. I got a double hernia."On the possibility of fighting in the war.
- •"Who dares to place a mustache on his shoulder?"Parody of the anti war song "I didn't raise my boy to be a solider". Sung by Aunt Evy.
- •"Jesus Christ died on a cross for people like you and now you won't show a new girl where the terlet is."
- •"I have exactly two dollars to spend on a hat.""Get out of my store!"