This topic has come up randomly a few times this week with acquaintances and family members with both the books and the show.
- •It is more than a love storyAlbeit the tag line is a "time-traveling love story", or as my brother-in-law so lovingly put it, "chick porn". It is historical fiction, political espionage, war strategics, medical drama, philosophical and ethical debates, and time travel theory, all thrown into one!
- •Yes, there is a lot of sexBut so does GoT, and no one gives them a bunch of crap for it, is it because it is a male author?
- •But the quantity of such scenes does diminishIf you are like me and don't like gratuitous sex scenes in film/tv/books, that's great news! Besides when it boils down to it, if you are reading this particular book for those reasons you are in the wrong place (see the first bullet point).
- •The TV show totally deserved it's numerous GG nominations.Especially Tobias Mendes as Frank/Captain John Randall. You cannot deny his ability to make you truly despise his latter character! The only true shock is how Sam Hueghan was snubbed (the season finale! 😭😭)
- •With all this being said: Jamie and Claire ❤️Yes it is a love story. But that doesn't mean it is a two dimensional one.