THINGS MY THERAPIST WANTS ME TO ...
- •AvoidTurning my anger into anxiety by rationalizing that nothing good can come from anger.
- •DoSit with my anger and ask myself where do I feel my anger.
- •UnderstandBy turning my anger into anxiety, I am disassociating with my deep inner self.
- •ConnectMy robotic response to feeling angry with my struggle to be emotionally vulnerable and passionate in intimate relationships. I always utilize my calm logical brain and cut off the fire within.
- •PracticeNext time I get angry I should avoid emotional "turtle-ing" and instead connect my brain and body by taking ownership of my anger and moving forward with strength - this is what we call "becoming the hawk"
- •BeThe Hawk