Comedy Records That Shaped My World - How Many Dont Hold Up
I spent much of elementary and secondary school as the second smallest boy in class. Humor was my salvation and my way of avoiding getting my ass kicked on the regular.
- •Bill hicks - dangerous 💯💯💯👍👍💥💥💥Seeing him on Letterman was the same feeling I got hearing Nirvana's first 45, something in the world changed and would never go back quite the same way again. This was actually a cd not vinyl but still life altering.
- •George carlin - class clown 💯💯💯Oh beautiful for smoggy skies, insecticided grains. Seven motherfucking words. Shit piss dick fuck cocksucker motherfucker and tits.
- •Steve Martin - let's get small 💯💯💯👊🏻Smart and sharp and fast, like a surgeon of comedy.
- •Woody Allen - the nightclub years 64-68 😂😂😂"I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me."
- •Bob and Doug Mckenzie - great white northHose off Eh.
- •Monty Python singsEvery single song is a pure comedic gem. Learned more about absurdity and the power of a straight face delivering an insane line than from anyone else save Andy Kaufman.
- •Bill Cosby himselfCreepy now. Sad because he was a master of the form and this captures him at the peak of his comedic chops. He might be the greatest actor of his generation to have pulled off such duality for so long.
- •Eddie Murphy - Eddie murphyNo man I ain't putting no bees in nobody butt. Now this is still funny. All the rampant homophobia and misogyny and the offhand way it's delivered does not hold up.
- •Saturday night live best of 💯It's a dessert topping, it's a floor wax.
- •Oscar the grouch - let a frown be your umbrella ☔️Formative
- •Everything ever discovered and Recorded from Dr Demento's weekly radio showThere aren't enough 💯👍💥🙏🏻👏🏽🎉⚡️🌋⭐️to cover how important this was. Almost everything on this list I found through him.
- •Carl Reiner - 1000 year old manSee above.