Foolproof Food Tip - the Best French Toast
Everybody has their own version, first you need to determine your French toast 'type'
- •Are you a brioche, white bread, challah or day old bread base?
- •Toppings or straight up?Fresh fruit, compote, whipped cream, nuts, butter, even bacon
- •Do you like vanilla, cinnamon, maybe a little milk in the eggs?
- •Determine optimum levels of browning on the surfaceNote that crust may or may not affect this decision, decision band ranges from soggy to crispy/crunchy
- •Now canvas the nearby restaurants until you find the closest thing to your French toast type
- •Go inside and Order French toast
- •Unless you were permanently wounded as a child and forced to swear allegiance to Ms. Butterworth's corn syrup army ensure 100% maple syrupIn fact especially if you were deprived...100% maple syrup. If they don't have 100% maple STAND UP AND LEAVE (but be polite and cancel your order).
- •Befriend the wait staff with healthy tips and a warm demeanor
- •And slowly but surely over repeated visits suggest those things that need to get tweaked to make it fit your 'type'
- •Voila! The best French toast!