Rubber Duck Debuggin
'Borrowed' and tweaked from The pragmatic programmer, Andrew hunt and David Thomas, I think you could also substitute screenplay/story for code if you are stuck as well
- •Beg, borrow, steal, buy, fabricate, or otherwise obtain a robber ducky (bathtub variety)
- •Place rubber duck on desk and inform it that you are just going to go over some code with it, if that's alright
- •Explain to the duck what your code is supposed to do, and then go into detail and explain your code line by line
- •At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realize that that is NOT in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely as you realize the error in your system, happy in the knowledge that the duck has helped you.
- •The duck keeps all secrets, so no one will ever know how close you came to inserting shitty code into your codebase. The duck does not judge.