THINGS I'VE LEARNED THIS WEEK
Oh it's been a whirlwind.
- •Don't regret decisions made.Good or bad, they've led you to where you are today.
- •School will pay off.It's tough now, but when you get that diploma it'll all be worth it.
- •Be grateful for your medication.They keep your head up, and your life pushing forward.
- •Begin to accept your life.Everything seems to be in a dream like state right now, you're worth this, whether you believe it or not.
- •Your dreams are at your fingertips.Just keep chasing them.
- •Distance hurts.It's never easy being alone- far away from your friends. Finding time to FaceTime @caseyfitzsimmons every night reminds you why it'll always be worth it. Yes, your best friend lives across the country, but the distance will only come between you if you let it. Don't you dare let it.
- •Don't be afraid to let go of the bad to make room for the good.It's funny thinking about the people you never thought you needed in your life- they seem to become your lifeline when all the people you thought you needed are gone.
- •Celebrate milestones.Okay, you woke up this morning in the worst of mood possible- the day didn't look to bright. Tonight you realized- you woke up this morning, another day in recovery. You are heathy, that's always worth celebrating.
- •It's okay to ask for guidance.@stacymichelle doesn't just seem to guide you through the little things. The moments you never saw coming, seem to be more willing to accept when you have someone there to say it's okay, you're worth it. Putting nerves aside and reaching out to ask for guidance was the best decision you could have made. Forever grateful for this human.
- •Respect your body.Do what you need to do to stay healthy.
- •It's okay to cry.Happy or sad- let it out.
- •Write it out.Grab that pen and notebook, write it out. You'll feel better
- •Not everyone you meet will want you to succeed.It's a tough world out there- don't let the negativity get to you. People will tell you you're making the wrong decision, don't let those people discourage you.
- •Remember the few that have been there.Remind them you love them.
- •Find someone to keep you grounded.The decision you made for a roommate couldn't have been better. The day to day texts can vary from excitement to harsh reality. You need this, and you couldn't do it without her. This will be the adventure of a lifetime- having a friend to hold your hand can keep you level headed and remind you that you're never in this alone.
- •It's your story.Don't ever be ashamed to tell it.