MINDY KALING QUOTES THAT PERFECTLY DESCRIBE MY LIFE AND FEELINGS
All of these quotes are straight from @mindy's books "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" And "Why Not Me?" Hopefully this isn't illegal.
- •"I don't remember a time when I wasn't chubby."
- •"Unfortunately, for me, 'nothing to do but drink' tends to mean 'nothing to do but get into trouble.'"
- •"What I'm asking for is not that much. I just want a boyfriend who is sweet and trustworthy. That's it."
- •"Call me superficial, or call me a genius (or call me both - why can't both be true?)"
- •"Me, on the other hand, whenever I lose, like, five pounds, I basically start considering if I should "try out" modeling.
- •"I would like to be friends with Beyoncé Knowles."
- •"I've never been thin in my life - except the day I was born, when I was six pounds."
- •"I cannot imagine a life more boring and a more time-consuming obsession than being preoccupied with watching what I eat."
- •"It's not that I think I'm so great. I just don't hate myself."
- •"My body mass index is certainly not ideal, I frequently use my debit card to buy things that cost less than three dollars, because I never have cash on me, and my bedroom is so untidy it looks like vandals ransacked the Anthropologie Sale section."
- •"Every kid wants approval, but my desire to be well liked was central to my personality."
- •"People sometimes sweetly say that I have 'child-bearing hips,' but what they really mean is that I have hips that will definitely knock over your drink if you are sitting next to me on a plane and I have to get up to use the bathroom."
- •"A good thing to know about me is that I'm terrible at Frisbee and I hate playing it so much."
- •"I don't think it should be socially acceptable for people to say they are 'bad with names.' No one is bad with names. That is not a real thing. Not knowing people's names isn't a neurological condition; it's a choice. You choose not to make learning people's names a priority."
- •"It's OK to drink tequila in the car if you just had a really good meeting."
- •"I am the kind of person who, if my feelings are unrequited, can completely detach from someone emotionally if I simply put my mind to it. That's why I'm always saying I would be a great serial murderer."
- •"If you've got it, flaunt it. And if you don't got it? Flaunt it. Cause what are we even doing here if we're not flaunting it?"