BOOKS THAT MADE ME RETHINK LIFE
- •Tuesdays with Morrie - AlbornAfter I read this book I just wanted to talk with people and listen to their stories; appreciate my friends and family. People are awesome.
- •The Art of the Infinite - KaplanSimple pleasures in mathematical thinking.
- •A Little History of the World - GombrichSo much had happened on this earth!
- •A Profile of Mathematical Logic - DeLongA history of rational reasoning. Incredibly fun.
- •Gödel, Escher, Bach - HofstadterIt's hard to sum this one up. And it's a tough book to chew. But it's your own struggling with its paradoxes and twisted logic that make it worth it.
- •Thinking, Fast and Slow - KahnemanWe really are each a society of mind. And we're so irrational all the time.
- •Mindfulness in Plain English - DharmaIf you look closely enough, and don't think about it, every moment is inherently beautiful.
- •Information Theory - PierceMakes you rethink what's really going on under the surface with talking, writing, and ideas.
- •Algorithms - ManberThe power of baby steps! Mathematical induction is fantastically useful: it can be used to reduce unwieldy problems into simple steps.