Books That Rocked My World
In no specific order...
- •The Stranger by Albert CamusHigh school me was so affected by this book, to this day I refuse to pick it up to read again. Not sure if that's good or bad.
- •Mystic River by Dennis LehaneSomething about the way Lehane slowly develops his characters in this book pulled me in. By the end, I was totally engrossed.
- •Brave New World by Aldous HuxleyPretty much as far into the science fiction genre I'm willing to go.
- •One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken KeseyA silent narrator tells us the story of a man who might not have deserved to be in an asylum who then does seemingly everything a crazy man would do once put into said asylum. Really shines a light on the whole "only crazy people say 'I'm not crazy'" thing.
- •Play Their Hearts Out by George DohrmannAn exposé of the grassroots basketball industry (because that's what it is; an industry), this book absolutely blew my mind. You hear about the Kobes and the Lebrons who make it out of the high school basketball system, but not the ones who don't.
- •Private Parts by Howard SternIt's Howard Stern. The King of all Media. 'Nuff said.
- •Devil in the White City by Erik LarsonWritten as if it were fiction, I couldn't put this down.