Already on li.st? Open in app.
Macalester College, May 14th 2016
- 1."Don't confuse education with wisdom."Fitting for a college commencement ceremony.
- 2."Don't be influenced by those pedaling fear, bigotry, and hatred."Read: don't vote for Trump.
- 3."Don't get into a three-point shooting contest with Steph Curry."Who would ever do this?!
- 4."Be wary of those who are overly free with advice."This was my favorite.
Let's get to the bottom of this, y'all. Add your suggestions below!
- •My mother's genesAll my life, my mom has been a ridiculous early riser. She usually gets up, without an alarm, at 4:30 or 5am, and can't stay up past 9 at night. I've never been someone who stays up or sleeps very late, but maybe I'm finally starting to take after her.
- •Light sensitivityMy dorm room (which I will only be in for a few more days) has east-facing windows. As the days get longer and the sun keeps rising earlier, it's possible that my inherent sensitivity to light is working against me. Even when I close my curtains, my room can get hella bright as early as 6.
- •Neighbor's alarmAgain, this will only be relevant for the next couple of days, but my wall-mate (the person who lives on the other side of a very thin wall) is an exceptionally deep sleeper, unlike me. Many times this semester, I have woken up to her very early morning alarms, which include various songs by Foo Fighters and Paramore playing on repeat, and this thing called the "sonic boom." All of these have been more effective at waking me up than her.
- •spring 2016 gradesv proud of myself!! esp for passing yoga.
- •snapchat a friend sent from a farmer's marketI took an environmental history class last semester in which we read an entire book about the banana production industry in central america as well as the cultural constructions of bananas as a commodity in the U.S. and in class we watched this old commercial from United Fruit I think with this hypersexualized character named Chiquita banana singing about bananas and it looked exactly like this. So I took a screenshot and sent it to my friend who also was in that class.
- •goals on google calendarI started using the google calendar app and I really like their goals feature. I took this screenshot to show my friend the goals (events with flags on them)
not including screenshots or duplicates