Things I love about the CCU
Taking a new job with tight rules makes me appreciate my original job lots.
- •Dressing like a bumWhatever scrub pants and whatever t shirt I can find/want to wear. Headbands to cover my mop. No makeup. Holey shoes. I saw one girl wear jeans once.
- •Google is not blocked. I can do homework on my downtime. Or check email. Or whatever.
- •FellowsAt night we have fellows. And they're on call. Most are pretty reasonable and respectful which means autonomy. It's a beautiful thing.
- •Food at the desk.I eat all night. Make tea at my computer.
- •PayIt's better than the new place. Even when I was full time.
- •MusicI whip out some tidal and jam to just about anything I want. If I have a sedated pt. I jam in their room too.
- •Slumber partyAll of this combined with often working with pleasant laid back folks leads to adult conversations and laughter. Like a slumber party.
- •$30/hr incentive.Need I say more?