Early start to fall.
As some families are enjoying the remaining days of summer, many others are already thinking 'fall' as kids go back to school earlier and earlier in August. Here's how not to feel alone while the schools start fall early for you and your family.
- •Watch the sunset and write poetry about seasons changing, missing the long days of summer.
- •Visit stores with early autumn decorPier One is a great one.
- •Start your Halloween decorating plan
- •View fall decor in catalogs
- •Make end of summer recipes with end of summer veggies.
- •Turn the air conditioner on very cool
- •Suppress the jealous feeling when you see someone still enjoying summer with their kids (re-read this list) as yours are in school
- •Still use your tanner, but add some olive greens, teals and orange tops to your summer whites wardrobe.(Autumn and summer colors mixed)
- •Tend to your neglected summer gardeningGet ready to plant for fall
- •Visit a nurseryPick one that gets fall plants and decor in early
- •Plan weekend beach tripsYou have two days every week to pretend the school system has not hijacked your summer.
- •Notice the sunset is on your sideThese days you're both going down early.
- •Burn a fall scented candle and think early of holiday plans.
- •Send your child off to school with a jacket knowing cool mornings mean fall is about to arrive.
- •Realize you no longer have to savor the summer or worry about summer ending because the school system has ended it prematurely for you and your kids.
- •Accept it, reluctantly, and plan for a great Christmas vacation when the family is back together again, free of academic pressures!