ATTENTION FUTURE ME
A review of stuff I've learned in 34 years, on the eve of turning 35
- •Being late is not acceptable. You may be surrounded by people who think otherwise, but this is your hill to die on.
- •You can't fix stupid.
- •Ducks are wily. And God laughs at never.
- •Grace. Gratitude. Grit. You'll always need all three, it's just knowing the ratio of how much of each at any given time.
- •Hangry is a thing that happens to me. Try to prevent it.
- •Remember to keep a generous spirit when times get hard.'You don't marry someone in order to give them what they deserve. In marriage, you give them what you promised them, even when they aren't holding up their end of the bargain'
- •"A witch is just a girl who knows her mind." -- Cathrynne M. Valente
- •I really really hate being wet, like a cat. Rainy days = stay inside, find a cozy place to read a book.
- •Joy is not made to be a crumb.If you suddenly and unexpectedly feel joy, don’t hesitate. Give in to it. There are plenty of lives and whole towns destroyed or about to be. We are not wise, and not very often kind. And much can never be redeemed. Still life has some possibility left. Perhaps this is its way of fighting back, that sometimes something happened better than all the riches or power in the world. It could be anything, but ... Anyway, that’s often the case. Anyway, whatever it is, don’t be afraid of its plenty.
- •Set your future self up for success.
- •God is important. Church is not.'The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man'
- •Keep a Viking attitude.'Drink to the Glory-field where a man embraces death, and thank the gods that we live at all with our joyous dying breath!'
- •The trouble is, you think you have time.