The most interesting animal facts that I know
Best topics for dinner conversation if there's a lull but please don't cite me on them because these facts are not verified
- •Blue whales can eat 500 000 calories worth of krill in a single biteWhich begs the question, is the only purpose in life for krill to feed the whales? Why else would they swim in schools of 500 000 calories?
- •Rabbits and beavers make two kinds of poop, a soft one and a hard one. They eat the soft one because it has nutrients or something but they leave the hard oneI wanna meet the rabbit that eats the hard one just because
- •Mantis shrimp pack a really hard punch and can see something like 12 distinct colours while I think humans can only distinguish 4 or something like that
- •Gay penguin couples sometimes steal eggs from straight penguin couples, replacing the egg with a rock so that they can raise a family together
- •Male Japanese puffer fish make art on the bottom of the ocean in the sand to attract mates