13 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
Sometimes small changes create a big impact. But unlike changing your hair parting or working out - making one of these small changes in your life might just help make the world a better place.
- 2.Produce less trash.The blog Trash is for Tossers has some great tips for how to do this. http://bit.ly/1KjVTHE
- 3.Carry around an extra snack to give to someone who is hungry or homeless.
- 4.Smile, make eye contact, and acknowledge the people who are giving you service.
- 5.Adopt a furry friend from a local shelter.
- 6.Support companies that create sustainable products and empower communities to lift themselves out of poverty.
- 7.Reduce your water consumption
- 8.Eat more plant-based meals.Having just one meatless meal each day is a super easy way to lessen your carbon footprint.
- 9.Reuse, reuse, reuse.Water bottles, plastic bags, not toilet paper.
- 10.Purchase items from second hand shops.
- 11.Carpool, use public transportation, ride a bike, or walk whenever possible.
- 12.Donate your extra change when asked to support a local charity.
- 13.Lend as little as $25 to a small businessperson in a developing country.Through micro-lending websites like Kiva, you can help a small businessperson grow their business and repay you a few months later. In this way your spare cash saves lives - at no cost to you. http://bit.ly/1ILn3qw
- 14.Read more on Global Citizen!