Don't Buy These 6 Foods If You Care About Humanity
The people who make these foods are literally losing their lives
- 1.TeaIndentured servitude, open defecation, malnutrition, and no clean water? That's what it takes to produce tea from "tea gardens" in many countries around the world
- 2.ShrimpCue forced labor, physical abuse and a disgusting tale about a woman who had a miscarriage and was still forced to keep peeling shrimp for four days while she continued to hemorrhage.
- 3.ChocolateChild slavery is a big problem in the cocoa industry and more than 2 million children are believed to be enslaved by the chocolate farming industry in Ghana and the Ivory Coast today.
- 4.AbaloneAbalone fishing is currently banned in South Africa (their native home) due to over-fishing. As a result, most Abalone is poached illegally, which is incredibly dangerous and bad for the environment.
- 5.TomatoesMost workers who operate tomato farms are subjected to abysmal conditions. Most earn less than 2 cents an hour, if payed at all, are subject to physical abuse and can suffer serious health problems due to pesticide use.
- 6.Beef and DairyThe beed and dairy industry's are TERRIBLE for the environment. For every pound of beef produced, 16lbs of vegetation have to be consumed.