Things You Only Know About if You Were Raised in LA
- •Starkey's - Starkey's was the OG arcade on the 3rd floor of the Beverly Center where all junior high school kids came to see and be seen
- •Heaven - ditto but at The Century City Mall. They had amazing t-shirts with their logo on them that were off the shoulder and a must have
- •Rene's Skate Shop - for some reason we all thought we were skaters in our teens so we hung out at this skate shop on Melrose and tried to act badass (though I never actually stepped foot on a skateboard, but let's not get into details)
- •Val Surf - in addition to being skate rats, we also thought we were surfers and went to the valley (gasp!) to get the latest that Billabong and T&C had to offer in outerwear
- •The Old Pony Rides - back in the day, the Beverly Center was actually a dirt track where one would go to ride ponies. Needless to say, we were devastated as children when they decided to build something on this sacred ground
- •Camp Beverly Hills - this store on little Santa Monica was the shit. White sweatshirts that said Camp Beverly Hills on them with a Palm Tree. Seriously, bring it back.
- •Koala Blue - because who wouldn't love a store owned by Olivia Newton John in the '80s?