MOST "SANTA FE" THINGS I'VE DONE SINCE MOVING HERE FROM BROOKLYN
- •Took a wheel pottery classSo awful. But FYI I can hook you up with a kool ashtray at very low cost.
- •Started compostingAgain! I actually grew up doing this, but it worked much better in Nashville than New Mexico. I bought earthworms (on Amazon!) in an attempt to remedy this and then talked about them for weeks as if they were my children.
- •These socks
- •Ruined my life by picking a prickly pearTried to do a lil research first (Googled on my phone) but despite reading that you should wear gloves, I thought "I'll just grab where there aren't spines!" As it turns out, even those spots have spines. They are nearly invisible and very resilient and will be stuck in your hands/pants/tote bag for weeks. They hurt.
- •Joined a climbing gymNot proud of this one—I still think it's pretty lame but I want my arms to look like Michelle Obama's.
- •Tried elk meatAnd proceeded to eat it at every friend's barbeque for months
- •Got a fishing license
- •Learned to skiDid you know Santa Fe has a ski mountain 20 minutes outside of town? I didn't either. I actually learned in Vail in hopes that I'd love it and skin up/ski down here regularly when I got back. I... have never done this.
- •Saw a roadrunner and a tumbleweed on the same dayI felt like Wil E. Coyote.