MY MOM'S GRANOLA RECIPE
- •Preheat oven to 350.
- •In a large bowl, combine 3 c rolled oats, 1 c pecan pieces, 1/2 c wheat germ, and 1/2 c shredded coconutLeave out nuts or coconut if you're not into them! Or substitute almonds or walnuts or whatever your fav is! Pro tip: Whole Foods sells nice coconut flakes that are better than the kinda damp shredded kind.
- •Microwave or cook these ingredients together until they start to bubble a bit: 1/3 c vegetable oil, 1/3 c maple syrup, 3/4 c packed brown sugarThis granola runs sweet (aka delicious) but just cut the syrup and sugar slightly if you're not feeling that.
- •Pour the hot mixture over the dry ingredients and mix to coat, then spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- •Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip the layer over with a large spatula, and bake again for another 9 to 10 minutes.
- •Let cool completely, then sprinkle on 1/2 c of dried cranberries and 1/2 c of raisins. Store in a gallon ziplock or large mason jar.