USEFUL KITCHEN SHIT YOU LIKELY DON'T ALREADY HAVE
aka a great gift guide for your foodie friends (NB: I promise I don't work for the silicone cookware industry)
- •Silicone measuring cupYou can pour hot liquids in but still hold it with a bare hand (and then make a spout ANYWHERE to pour it out, v useful for salad dressings), plus scraping stuff out is much quieter than from Pyrex
- •Microplane zesterUse for lemon zest, grating ginger or garlic into sauces, parmesan! Endorsement: Don't get an off-brand one or you will end up with mush and bloody knuckles.
- •Fine mesh sieveAnd I mean fine!!! If quinoa gets stuck in the holes, it's not fine enough!
- •Silicone oven mittsFlexible, great insulation, and so easy to clean.
- •Wine keyArms-up wine openers are trash. Even an oaf like me can use this kind with ease.
- •Mini spatulasSilicone ones, which don't melt or burn. I use these every time I cook. So much goop on bowl-bottoms preserved!!!
- •Silicone baking matNo more burning parchment paper or brutal post-roast pan scrubbing! I like to use this when baking my mom's granola recipe (coming soon to a Listapp near you).