The subtle difference between "no makeup" and "'no makeup' makeup"
- •My eyelashes are super light. So when I don't wear any makeup, people tend to ask invasive questions, like
- •"Are you feeling okay?"/"Are you sick?"This is the most common. No, I'm not sick, this is just how my face looks.
- •"What happened?"Less common, just as offensive.
- •"Have too much fun last night?"Excuse me?
- •What I've realized is that most people can't tell the difference between "no makeup" and "'no makeup' makeup"
- •So I've decided to demonstrate. On the right is no makeup, on the left is "no makeup"I woke up like this (almost)
- •Boom. Now I'm not getting unsolicited/invasive questions about my face 👍🏼