I'm 26 today!!!!!
- •1992My family was moving from New York to California. We drove a windy route to visit family and friends in Virginia, Florida, Mississippi, Texas, and Arizona, and I got to celebrate my birthday at every place. My aunt and uncle gave me a stuffed Barney.
- •1997I was in a Christian Youth Theater production of Charlotte's Web (playing Wilbur, natch) and I invited the whole cast to my party. I got the American Girl Doll HORSE for my birthday!!! I named her Brownie and my dolls Molly and Kirsten rode her everywhere.
- •2002I got a BOUNCE HOUSE for my 13th birthday!!! A dozen or so preteens is too many for a bounce house and it kept collapsing but that made it way more fun.
- •2004My present for my 15th birthday was a DOG!!!! I didn't get her on my birthday because she was only 4 weeks old then, but I got to pick her out from the litter. A month later my parents surprised me when they picked me up from school and had her in the backseat. Ruby Belle lived 9 wonderful years.
- •2010For my 21st, I went out at midnight for my very first legal drink, then the next night my brother and his girlfriend took me out and bought me lots of shots and I only puked once (pictured: the red headed slut that made me vom), and then the next day I had a house party with all my friends and blacked out and ate a burrito!!!!!
- •2011I had just graduated college and was going abroad in a few months. I went to a brewery and when I got back to the house my roommates had filled a Batman piñata with tiny plastic bottles of wine.
- •2013-2014Two years in a row I had a potluck boozy brunch in my front yard, went to the beach, and rode the Giant Dipper roller coaster at Belmont Park. They were perfect days.
- •2015Today is my last day of a job I hate!!!!!!! Tomorrow I am throwing a really giant party in my front yard!!!! AND IN THREE WEEKS I AM GOING TO SOUTHEAST ASIA TO BACKPACK FOR 6+ MONTHS!!!!!!!