SNACKS THAT I FREQUENTLY PRETEND ARE DINNER
I like to cook but am often pretty lazy. These are my go-tos when I want something yummy, quick, and cheap.
- •Cheese and crackersNo, Stacy, throwing some Wheat Thins, near-expired salami, and a hunk of whatever cheese was on sale on a plate does not a charcuterie make.
- •PopcornUsually with a handful of peanut butter M&Ms, which means I'm pretending a snack that is really dessert is dinner.
- •Veggies and hummusWow so healthy! Also not a real meal and I will inevitably get hungry again an hour later.
- •CerealMy favorites are Frosted Flakes and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but if I know I'm eating cereal for dinner for a few days I make myself get something healthier, like Kashi.
- •Avocado toastThis is the easiest to fool myself into thinking it's a real meal. I can dress it up with fancy bread, tomato, and an egg, maybe even serve it with a side salad. Sometimes I have it for breakfast and dinner on the same day!!