WHAT HONKING MEANS IN INDONESIA
I've been here almost a month so I think I've made a decent study of the subject.
- •I am passing you on this two lane highway at great speed!! Look at me passing you!
- •Excuse me, pedestrian! I, a motorized scooter, have grown weary of this traffic and decided to drive onto the sidewalk. You are in my way.
- •Hello! I have noticed that you are foreign!
- •Hello! I have noticed that you are foreign, and am wondering if you need taxi services to the nearest tourist site or transportation depot.
- •I AM COMING AROUND THIS BLIND CORNER AND WOULD RATHER LOUDLY ANNOUNCE MY PRESENCE THAN SLOW DOWN OR STAY IN MY LANE.
- •I am in traffic and frustrated about it.
- •I am a bus and want everyone nearby to know that I am here in case you were maybe thinking about possibly taking the bus.
- •I have the right of way here! Not that you were violating that, but maybe you were thinking about it. Stay there, it's my turn.
- •I feel like I haven't honked in awhile.