WHY THE CHARGERS SHOULDN'T MOVE TO LA
Los Angeles List Appians, I know you are many and mighty, and I am certain that this issue does not weigh as heavily on your mind as it does on mine, but the NFL is considering gifting you with 1-2 football teams soon. To do so, they must rip a team from the bosom of its loving and passionate fans. Here's why San Diego shouldn't get the shaft.
- •"Los Angeles Super Chargers" doesn't have the same ring
- •LA is way too cool to embrace our fight song with whole-hearted earnestness (plus, see above; how would the melody even work with that?)Every sports bar worth its salt plays this amazing, cheesy, beloved song after every TD and/or win (and frequently after every loss just because we all love this song so damn much): http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=whNOfvyPpaM
- •Ironic hipsters will adopt the iconic post-game press conference bolo tie, but Rivers won't understand the irony
- •LA already has so many sports teams! No one will even notice if one more comes to town!But the Raiders or Rams are welcome to try.
- •With overcrowding a growing problem in the urban areas, will Eric Weddle's beard have enough room to breathe, space to grow?
- •LA traffic is so bad, it might bring St. Rivers to utter foul language
- •Although we ALL KNOW that Antonio Gates was FRAMED and that allegations of his use of PEDs are BLASPHEMOUS... fast-paced LA living might cause him to falter(...again, because let's all be honest with ourselves)
- •LA living costs are even higher than in San Diego; where will Rivers find a home large enough for his 42 children that he can afford?Pictured here with about 1/8th of his brood
- •Regardless, Rivers has said that he's praying on it, and so far God hasn't come down in favor of the move, so who is the NFL to thwart his will?