Already on li.st? Open in app.
We tapped Portland-based foodie Kari Young (aka @meatballssmama on Instagram) to share her tips for taking a great food photo using nothing but your smartphone 📱 Full story, here: http://bit.ly/29JXV96
- •Tip #1: Natural light is a no. 1 priority. Some of the best spots are near a window and make sure to avoid overhead light 💡 If you’re in a restaurant, try moving your plate to the edge of the table.
- •Tip #2: Composition is key. Move the dishes around and reorganize the scene to fill in the space and create some negative space. Play around with the tableware to create some landscape 🔲🔳🍴
- •Tip #3: Take multiple shots— sometimes your hand isn’t steady and your picture comes out slightly out of focus, so we highly suggest snapping the pic several times. 📷
Mission Chinese’s executive chef, Angela Dimayuga takes us on a tour of her favorite spots for food and inspiration in NYC. Full guide, here: http://bit.ly/1tiJwX1
- 1.Mission ChineseWe’re fans of the noodles and anchovies pickled in chili and served on flatbread 🍜(171 E. Broadway, Chinatown)
- 2.Russ & Daughters CafeGo for the Instagram snap, stay for the mushroom barley soup. (127 Orchard St., Lower East Side)
- 3.Pho Vietnam 87The ultimate lunch spot, especially when you’re craving something warm & filling 😋 (87 Chrystie St, LES)
How to use your sign to navigate conflict for healthier relationships ✨💕💫☄ Check out the full story, here: http://bit.ly/1MXtlBp
- •Taurus ♉️ You like to dig in and dig deep. Sometimes that means holding on until your hands are bloody. Try to focus on the good and calm
- •Gemini ♊️ With a dual-nature, one part of you wants to flit any conflict away, while the other may want to stir shit up just for a giggle. Try to slow it down, and be mindful with your words.
- •Cancer ♋️ You are the mother everyone wishes they had, or the clinging whiny baby folks wish had a bottle. Try to look to yourself in moments of stress.
Where to eat, shop, and drink on the east side of L.A. Click here for the full guide: goop.com/city-guide/the-los-angeles-east-side-guide
- 1.EAT Cliff's Edge: Go for the cool outdoor patio and Instagram-worthy eggs Benedict 🍳
- 2.EAT Sqirl: Worth waiting in line for 🐿
- 3.EAT Pine & Crane: Taiwanese-Chinese food FTW.
A mini guide for what to do in the land of siestas. Full guide, here: goop.com/city-guide/the-madrid-guide
- •EAT at La Cocina de San Antonio🌶
- •EAT at Platea Madrid - So many Michelin-starred spots, so little time 🍴
- •EAT at Bosco de Lobos - If eating while reading is your thing 📚
Here's to curling up with the one you love. More #WeekendReading, here: http://www.instagram.com/goop
More place to eat, sleep, play, and shop in The Big Easy, here: goop.com/city-guide/new-orleans
- 1.Lilette: Great for date night ❤️
- 2.Café du Monde: Come for the beignets, stay for the chicory-spiked coffee.
- 3.Mosca’s: Italian, meet Creole.
Full story, here: goop.com/where-californias-water-will-come-from 💦💦💦
- 1.It takes 18,000 gallons of water to create 1 pound of beef. (so consider cutting down on your burger consumption). 🍔
- 2.The CA drought has wiped out more than half a million acres of farmland & claimed 20,000 jobs. 🌾
- 3.Even with El Niño rain, water reservoirs are still 1/3 of their normal capacity. 🌧
Bonus: they're healthy 😋 Thanks @shiraRD
- 1.Olive Tapenade: this deserves a much sexier name than tapenade #justsayin (goop.com/recipes/olive-tapenade)
- 2.Super Green Dip: Guac & humus got married 💍 (goop.com/recipes/super-green-dip)
- 3.Turmeric Tahini: a little nutty, a little tangy, and pretty freaking tasty (goop.com/recipes/turmeric-tahini)
- 4.Beet Hummus: our two favorite things in one (goop.com/recipes/beet-hummus)
Who runs the world? (You know the rest)
- •"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn
- •"Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do" - Oprah
- •"You are not in competition with other women. You're in competition with everyone" - Tina Fey