How to Take a 💣Food Photo on Your Smartphone
We tapped Portland-based foodie Kari Young (aka @meatballssmama on Instagram) to share her tips for taking a great food photo using nothing but your smartphone 📱 Full story, here: http://bit.ly/29JXV96
- •Tip #1: Natural light is a no. 1 priority. Some of the best spots are near a window and make sure to avoid overhead light 💡 If you’re in a restaurant, try moving your plate to the edge of the table.
- •Tip #2: Composition is key. Move the dishes around and reorganize the scene to fill in the space and create some negative space. Play around with the tableware to create some landscape 🔲🔳🍴
- •Tip #3: Take multiple shots— sometimes your hand isn’t steady and your picture comes out slightly out of focus, so we highly suggest snapping the pic several times. 📷
- •Tip #4: Edit a good photo into a great one––just don’t overdo. Kari recommends VSCO because it gives the user a foolproof way to edit photos, with all the essential tools 📲
- •Tip 5: Strive for imperfection— perfection is boring so try to incorporate in a crumbled napkin, spilled sauce, a hand in the shot because these are all elements that add texture and bring photos to life.