REALLY GREAT SAD MUSIC FOR WHEN YOU'RE SAD
Songs, albums, artists. All of them.
- •Sailboat by Ben RectorThis is my #1 sad song. I'm probably in a tough place if I chose to listen to this song.
- •Ghost Stories by ColdplayThe entire album. Every song. Every single one. One of my friends broke my heart two summers ago and from there on out, it was my sad album.
- •AdeleJust all of it. Wtf, obviously.
- •A Bad Dream by KeaneActually a decent portion of this album, Under the Iron Sea, is quite melancholy
- •The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice
- •Brick by Ben Folds Five
- •Edge of Desire - John Mayer. Or basically all of His Battle Studies album.It's my favesies but I always feel down afterwards. HahaSuggested by @aminam
- •Fay WolfAll of it. Perfect for wallowing but also making your heart hurt just a little less.Suggested by @nelle
- •can I just say Elliot Smith? all of it. any of it.but you might want to kill yourself. maybe too sad.Suggested by @paaarks
- •The National. ALL The National.Suggested by @michael_circa91
- •All By Myself by Eric CarmenBest when sing-shouted.Suggested by @cordeliane
- •Badly Drawn Boy - EpitaphNot his best song (the album is so loaded with brilliant moments that it's still perfect as a whole), but I cannot listen to this song, with it's refrain of "I hope you never die."
- •Iron & Wine - Upward Over The MountainI mean, this could be any number of I&W songs, but his more lo-fi stuff lends itself well to heartbreak.
- •Sharon Van Etten - All I CanThis is The Ultimate. I recommend it to everyone who ever asks about cathartic music. Blast this shit. No joke.
- •Counting Crows - August and Everything AfterSuggested by @listerine86