What I have been doing the summer before college as a displaced Valley Girl
Three weeks ago my family moved down from the beautiful SFV to Orange County, home of malls. I do not know anybody. This is how I've been embracing my solitude:
- •Checking out the local Whole Foods for the sport of it.And scrambling to find my debit card before dropping $15 on chocolate covered almonds (and lentil chips).
- •Developing my road rage.So far it's just me screaming "FUCK" due to oversensitivity and frustration.
- •Turning into my mother.Taking the "5" to get to my job interview while donning a white blouse.
- •Talking to myself.A sign of intelligence (?)
- •Stress dreaming.See: "Job interview."
- •Eating alone in a Subway.See: "Alone."
- •Watching Conan "scraps" on YouTube.For inspiration!
- •Starting and then abandoning TV shows.Big Brother, The Office, Twin Peaks (I was almost done, too!)
- •Dorm shopping.And dorm returning. (The lady at Tuesday Morning is my new best friend.)
- •Actually working in a big girl office.Part of my quest to market myself as a tough, nothing-can-stand-in-my-way young professional. The boy at the UPS store was impressed!
- •Trying to share my political opinion in the least aggressive way.Please don't vote for Jill Stein!
- •Striving to buy the most amount of clothes with the least amount of money.Sundresses are good because they count as a top and a bottom.
- •Cringing at all the weird shit I did in high school.But "The past is in the past."-Elsa, Frozen.