My experience living in Mississippi for a year.
I moved from Austin,TX to a very tiny town in Mississippi and it has been interesting. Inspired by @bluepuddles
- •I have lost count of how many men have touched me with their bellies.My shoulder is not a resting place for your beer gut sir!
- •Living in the country has taught me to deal with the horrifying sound of rats in the wall.Took a while to clear them out and seal the walls back up but I did it. The nightmares have also stopped.
- •I like to play the game "Gunshot or Backfire"I don't leave the house at night. For my own safety.
- •I have discovered that there are good hunting spots in residential areas.I don't want to know what is being hunted.
- •The mayor of this town was convicted of murder and only people of the opposite race seem concerned with this.On 2 separate occasions he has almost caused a car accident because he was staring at me while I was speaking to people of a different race.
- •Apparently my accent (or lack there of) means that my ethnicity is complex.I have fun with it and tell people I am mixed with something different every time.
- •Despite the racism, homophobia and unnecessary bigotry the countryside is beautiful.My grandparents have a gigantic farm and I enjoy the drive out to the house to see the cows and horses. The grass stays green here all year long. That's unheard of in parts of Texas.
- •I have been fortunate to become friends with some amazing people and they all seem to be transplants like me.Good people really do exist especially in some of the strangest places.