ODDEST THINGS ABOUT GOING TO A LIBERAL PRIVATE SCHOOL IN THE SOUTH
The Paideia School
- •We call our teachers by their first name"Hey Jim! Great class today!" We have four teachers named Paul so it can get confusing.
- •We don't have a dress codeWhen it's warm out, don't be surprised if you see a student wandering campus barefoot.
- •We don't have a football teamWhich, despite being in the heart of football country, is probably a good thing due to our lack of athletes. We like to play non contact sports like, ultimate frisbee, and golf.
- •Our first graduating class only had one personIt was a homeschool back then, but still. This person even has a plack up with their name on it.
- •Being in chorus is actually socially acceptableWe're kind of like the high school in "High School Musical"
- •We have interesting classesSome that I have taken include West African Drumming, Basket Weaving, and Sonnet Writing.
- •We're considered a hippy school in the center of a city.Probably because we have the reputation that everyone smokes weed. I've had conversations with a teacher about smoking. Totally bizarre experience.