Favorite past times as a kid that you wish you could do nowadays
There are certain realities that ground some of our childhood dreams. Thinking back, there were just some things I was able to do as a kid without a worry in the world. Where as today, time or the circumstances do not permit these activities. What are childhood activities that you miss getting lost in that you can't necessarily do today?
- •Nap without consequenceDrop dead where I ran out of energy without a care in the world.
- •Play outside until sundownPretty awesome to not feel so encased inside a house and just do whatever you wanted until the moment you had to go back in where food awaits you
- •Get lost in a bike rideIt is a pretty intoxicating feeling when you get to wander. Having a bike pushed the boundaries of where I could travel and see more things.
- •Get in trouble but still be able to come home right afterAs a kid mischief played such a big role in what I viewed as fun. Luckily, the consequences of mischief never outweighed the joy of going through it. It was always worth it
- •Eat outside just causeI love eating at a table as much as the next person but it was never the only place to eat for me. Outside definitely plays a unique role to the mind and helps you feel free
- •Get lost in a bookTime was never an issue or maybe I never viewed it as one when I was younger but it was very exciting to continue going down the rabbit hole of imagination with no sense of time.
- •Be invincibleI would get hurt doing so many stupid things but no matter how many times I fell, flew off my bike, ended up with cuts and bruises, etc. I always found a way to instantly recover and get back to the mischief that got me into that mess without any regrets
- •No sense of timeGetting lost in any activity without consequence helped me stay in the here and now and enjoy it to its fullest
- •Build forts out of pillows and blanketsSuggested by @djcuevas