BOOKS THAT HAVE IMPACTED MY LIFE
I hope I did this the way you wanted.
- •Belle Prater's BoyI read this in elementary school, and it was the first time I can remember being sad about something I'd read. I cried hot tears about some of the things in this book and I'll never forget learning about how literature could make you feel for people who didn't exist.
- •MatildaI loved Matilda as a movie and a book. It made me believe that I could be extraordinary. Matilda is one of the main reasons I was never scared to be weird.
- •The BFGI liked that the BFG was an old man with a childish spirit. It made me passionate about loving people who were different to me.
- •The Indispensable Calvin and HobbesI love Calvin and Hobbes and having this book made my childhood a little more magical.
- •The Book ThiefThis book made me feel for Death; because I grew up with my grandparents I think I've always been acutely aware of death. I used to freak out about turning double digit ages because I didn't want to die. When I read this it humanized death for me. It made it something to face with grace and compassion. It made me want to take care of those who are dying.
- •Being MortalIt made me passionate about medicine and palliative care. It gave me a focus for where I see myself as a physician.