LIST OF SONGS IF YOU WANNA BE SADDER THAN THE AMOUNT OF SAD YOU ARE AT THE MOMENT
- •"Casimir Pulaski Day" by Sufjan StevensOh, the number of sad songs by Sufjan Stevens that I could put on here are endless. This one is about cancer. Sad Lyric: "The things I brought you when I found out you had cancer of the bone"
- •"Dead of Winter" by The EelsHeads up, it's also about cancer. Sad Lyric: "Strangers break their promises, you won't feel any-you won't feel any pain"
- •"Resurrection Fern" by Iron & WineI don't know what this song is actually about, but, I do know that it makes me think of sad things: girls I have been rejected by & what happens after we die. It also makes me sleepy. Sad Lyric: "When Sister Lowry says amen, we won't hear anything"
- •"The Lukewarm (2+2=5)" by RadioheadIt's about the novel "1984" Sad Lyric: Are you such a dreamer"
- •"It's All In Your Mind" by BeckAs someone with an anxiety disorder, this song preys on my overthinking of things people have said to me or haven't said or things I said or haven't said. Sad Lyric: "I just to be a good friend"
- •"Goin' Home" by Dinosaur Jr.I think this song is about being stood up by a girl. Sad Lyrics: "Go head fake it, I can't take it"
- •"Lua" by Bright EyesThis song-like most of their songs-is just depressing.
- •"New Star in the Sky (Chanson Pour Solal)" by AirThis song is also calming, but it really depends on the mood you're in.
- •"Call Me Back" by The StrokesI love Julian Casablancas voice so much. Sad Lyric "I hear a voice in the ground"
- •"Back to Black" by Amy WinehouseShe sounds like she has given up. Sad Lyric: We only said goodbye with words, I died a hundred times"
- •"Six Feet Deep" by Geto BoysI love Geto Boys and all of their songs, out of all of them, this is their saddest song. Sad Lyric: "Once I seen the casket close I knew that was it"