AWESOME WINES FOR YOUR TURKEY AND EVERYTHING ELSE ON THANKSGIVING!
Thanksgivings is a mishmash of foods. Why pick only one bottle???
- •Sparkling wine: eschew the Champers and go domestic with your bubbles. Domaine Carneros and Iron Horse are my fave American bubblies.
- •Pinot Gris: pear, Apple, full bodied. Mmmmm! Breggo and Erath are really good American ones.
- •Chardonnay: the big full ones aren't usually my favorites style of Chardonnay but it does go great with all the rich TG foods
- •Gamay: a light red grape that makes Beaujolais. Beaujolais Nouveau is kind of crappy but there are really good ones. Look for ones from the Fleurie area.
- •Pinot Noir: another light to medium red. Get ones from Willamette Valley in Oregon which are a fantastic balance of fruitiness and earthiness.
- •Tawny port: duuuuuude. Rock this with post-dinner roasted nuts and figs. You will NOT be sorry. Great gift to bring a hostess too!
- •Get full deets here: http://grapefriend.com/2015/11/20/its-thanksgiving-drink-whatever-the-bleep-you-want/