Been playin' the game since before pre-K
- •I should preface this list by saying that my mom told me I was a part of a secret society of preschoolers called the Kissy Kissies, and we would run around and blow kisses to boys. I'm basically the same.
- •I also grew up in a smallish town so I went to elementary, middle, and high school with all these kids. Many crush relapses over the years.
- •Andrew Silveroli 1st grade- on and off through highschoolActual boy next door. We would sneak out and run across the neighbor's yard to hang out with each other. I think we were supposed to fall in love and be a Nicholas Sparks classic but obviously that didn't happen
- •Spencer Moss- 2nd GradeNot a real crush. My best friend told me I had a crush on him, and I was like, "okay I guess."
- •Zack Kirby- 3rd gradeHis parents let him wear his hair in a Mohawk. I imagine him wearing a leather jacket and smoking a cigarette even though I know that's not possible because we were maybe 9.
- •Patrick Brown- 3rd gradeClass clown, heart of gold.
- •Chad Wilden- 4th GradeThat bowl cut was swoon worthy
- •Ryan Spangler- 5th gradeMade me a Valentine's card that said 👁❤️U and it was totally covered in glitter, because Ryan truly knew the way to a woman's heart. He and Chad were BFF's. Major drama.
- •Chelsea Carson- 6th grade AND ALL THROUGH HIGHSCHOOLOh my god, you guys. I liked Chelsea so much it physically hurt inside my 12 year old ribcage. It was an awakening. She moved to our town from California and I swear when she smiled at me on her first day I was actually blinded. She came over for a slumber party and I gave her my bed and slept on the floor because I got too shy to share with her.
- •Zach Ryback- 7th gradeAlways in trouble, but when he read his poems out loud in English class, my heart just melted.
- •Kendra Something - 7th gradeI can't remember her last name but I DO remember her green eyes, the heart tattoo she gave herself, and feeling super weird about changing near her in the locker room.
- •When does childhood end? I'm calling it at puberty. So, end.