9 TIps for an Emergency Energy Boost
Do you need more energy right now? Try these tips:
- •Go outside into the sunlight.Research suggests that light stimulates brain chemicals that improve mood.
- •Go for a brisk walk.Even a ten-minute walk can give you a surge of energy and decreased tension.
- •Act with energy.We think we ACT because of the way we FEEL, but often we FEEL because of the way we ACT. (Read the full article here: http://bit.ly/1UEQk9X )
- •Listen to your favorite zippy song.Hearing stimulating music is an easy, reliable way to get an instant lift.
- •Talk to an energetic friend.Not only do we gain energy from interacting with other people, we also – in what’s called “emotional contagion” — “catch” their emotions. (Read the full article here: http://bit.ly/1VMOciQ )
- •Tackle an item on your to-do list.You’ll be amazed by the huge rush of energy you get when it’s crossed off your list. If you’re having trouble, try doing it first thing in the morning. The night before, decide what you’re going to do, then get up and do it.
- •Clean up.For most people, outer order contributes to inner calm. If you feel overwhelmed and listless, try tidying up. (Read the full article here: http://bit.ly/1PhL9Z8 )
- •Jump!Yes, jump up and down a few times. I just started doing this, and it’s amazing how energizing it is. Or, if you feel too silly, run down the stairs. (Read the full article here: http://bit.ly/1rdpX0h )
- •Note of caution: people often try to use food to boost their low energy.This obviously helps if you’re actually hungry (and in my house, we constantly monitor people’s hunger levels, because we all get so “hangry” when we’re hungry), but if you’re not hungry, eating ice cream out of the container — tempting as it is — won’t really help.