Movies That Traumatized Me
A Brief History
- •Grizzly ManThis is not hyperbole. I think about this movie on a regular basis, or at least the part where Herzog describes the sounds the guy makes as he's being eaten alive by a bear (after having said that the tape is too disturbing to play, he goes ahead and puts it into words anyway. Thanks Werner.)
- •5 Broken CamerasNever saw footage of an actual person actually get killed before, at least not so up close and personal. Impossible to compute. This movie is so important, though; I'm very glad I watched it.
- •Return to OzOkay now we're getting into childhood movie trauma, which is much tamer and less important than adult movie trauma. But seriously with those wheelies??
- •ETET was not cute. ET was frightening and gross.
- •The LabrynthWhen after school care results in nightmares
- •The Neverending StoryI love this movie wayyyy more than I was scared if it. That said, Gmork was more than I could handle sometimes.