Questions I Asked That Lead Me Away From Christianity
Great request from @PeteOnEarth ... I don't even know where to start!
- •Why is Christianity "right" when it's clearly geographically and historically contingent?
- •Why are all the people I know who are LGBTQ and out actually pretty happy?Aren't they supposed to be "broken" or "sinful"?
- •Isn't it just as likely that Jesus was just a regular (albeit revolutionary or even crazy) dude?
- •Isn't it none of my business what other people believe?
- •Why am I not getting everything I pray for?
- •Why does the Bible contradict itself?Similarly, what about all those books that got left out?
- •Are we all really okay with calling God "He"?
- •Why are we all spending more time at church than out actually helping people?
- •Wouldn't Jesus be uninterested in Christianity as an organized religion?
- •Are all these expectations setting me free, or making me feel worse?
- •Do I even want to be a Christian?