A COMPILATION OF INSTANT MOOD-ENHANCERS
It's the little things that get you through the day.
- •The first cup of coffee in the morningSomehow this mug of black sunshine manages to brighten up the skies in the first hours of the day.
- •A big 'ole burrito bowl from your fast-casual Mexican joint of choiceYou know that beautiful pile of rice and beans is all that's preventing your hangry self from side-tackling the lady in line who can't seem to decide if she wants pico or not.
- •That guy who, though he's a stranger, smiles at you as if the two of you go back to high schoolWe all know that guy. Bonus points if he throws in a cheery "Hey!"
- •Free samples at the grocery storeBecause free samples.
- •The feeling of brushing your teeth at the end of the dayGoodbye garlic. Goodbye bad decisions. Goodbye any baggage from the day. Hellooo freshmint.
- •Happening upon old pictures and/or videosThere's something about reminiscing and delighting in the fact that you AREN'T that awkward anymore
- •Making a to-do list of things you've already done and checking off each box triumphantlyIt's weird. But there's a sort of satisfaction in it.
- •When the forecast predicts rain, but it turns out to be sunny and clear all dayTake THAT, weather app!
- •Catching someone doing something they don't think anyone is watching them doNow I don't want to use the word "embarrassing, because more often than not this a situation where you find yourself thinking "Ahh. Them too." Hey. We're all human here.
- •Chocolate.(It's scientifically proven)