VIDEO GAMES FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT LIKE VIDEO GAMES
I sometimes worry people don't play video games because they think they are hard and meaningless and violent and take a lot of time. These games aren't like that.
- •ProteusTake a peaceful walk through a digital wilderness. Press space bar to sit down.
- •Cart LifeLive the daily struggles of an immigrant coffee vendor. Don't forget to feed your cat.
- •MountainTake care of a pet mountain. It is a metaphor for your soul. Designed by the animator who created that awesome future game in Her.
- •Gone HomeCome home from your semester abroad to find your parents house is mysteriously empty. Search through objects to uncover a lesbian love story. Get nostalgic for the 90s. Get spooked. Cry.
- •PassageGrow up, fall in love, grow old, die. Takes two minutes.
- •Kentucky Route ZeroNavigate a magical highway as an aging trucker making deliveries for an antique store. Like a choose-your-own Murakami novel with beautiful art.
- •JourneyWalk through a desert towards a distant mountain. Learn to fly. Meet a real life stranger who is playing at the same time as you. Press X to sing with them. Never find out who they were. Never see them again.
- •Papers PleasePerform the duties of a border control officer in a communist country. Check documents. Provide for your family. Try not to feel.