HOW TO QUIET RAGE WITH INNER DIALOGUE
I'm a 30 year old female responsible for a large group of people at work. I use talk down phrases on myself 3x/wk.
- •Why are you THIS mad?I try to keep track of when I go from slightly annoyed to fuming. Sometimes its so fast and this phrase slows that down.
- •Does this concern you?Sometimes I get pissed over the way other people do things. Its really not my stress to have.
- •Slow that breathAngry breathing is quick. Slowing it down helps you focus on your breathing relieving your mind.
- •People will be stupid until the end of time.A reminder to chill.
- •Do you wanna stay mad?🎶 Do you have to? Do you have to? Do you have to let it linger 🎶
- •What's the worst that can happen?And if that happens, you will be ok. (This 💯phrase courtesy of a former dynamo therapist)
- •Handle it with graceSo often I look back and just wish I had handled things better. This phrase helps me get immediate perspective.
- •Take a momentThe first 30 seconds are "Flames, on the side of my face." If I just hold my tongue until they are extinguished, I will thank myself later.