"Where do you go to school?" they ask me.
I answer, "Washington University in St. Louis!"
- •Oh, how nice! I have a niece at Washington State.Great, but not relevant.
- •Cool! You might be able to intern at the Oval Office while you're there.Not quite.
- •Better take a raincoat! I have a friend who went to college in Seattle.Thanks for the advice, but the Midwest is not really in that area.
- •Oh, where is that?In St. Louis.
- •Where is St. Louis?*cringe*
- •St. Louis? I heard that place is really dangerous, you know, with the riots and all...Well, it's not really IN St. Louis. Also St. Louis isn't dangerous.
- •Then why would they name it that?...
- •Congratulations! You must have worked really hard to get there.*tears of joy*