Not working really uncovers the holes in my life, so I have to work harder to manage my depressive tendencies.
- •Going to bed early, even if I'm not that tired.
- •Meditation.Have time to create a practice... Need to work on this outside of my yoga classes.
- •Staying connected.Seeing friends, talking to friends, reaching out for help & advice (super hard ugggh).
- •Being objective.Trying not to get swallowed up by negative feelings--- they're not permanent & they're not "bad".
- •Healthy boundaries.Deleted snapchat, since my erstwhile lover (sorry I am too classy for "fuckbuddies") occasionally sends group snaps about inconsequential things like a mildly bad haircut (seriously why did you do this? and why make it sound like something bad had happened to you?!). I don't need that kind of stress/disappointment. Relate to me authentically & respectfully. That's not a tall order for an adult.
- •Maintaining healthy diet & exercise habits.
- •Wake up at a normal time.
- •Reading about issues brought up in therapy.Got a couple books about childhood emotional neglect. Not a fan of "self-help" stuff, but so far the book is illuminating & written by an actual Psy Ph.D.
- •Doing fun stuff.Drawing, going out to bookstores, free events. Avoiding the temptation to isolate & disappear.