Once in Awhile I'll Have Baby cravings...and Then I Get My Ish Together...
I'm pretty good with having one kiddo but once in awhile I'll get the baby craving. Here are the FEW reasons why I crave and the reminders why I'm blessed with one:
- •The bestie called bearing good news she is about to have another 🎉👍🏽🐣I have a few girlfriends and some of them are on kid two or three. I'm happy for the bestie (this is kid three) and it kind of made me feel like I'm missing out on all the crazy fun. I feel like I don't belong in the mom-kid-kid2/3 group since I've got one.
- •My cousin's three girls are ADORBS!!! 🦄🐣👸🏽Hung out with my cousin and his family at Disneyland this year and just loved the thought of MAYBE having a daughter. It was kind of a caravan maneuvering through Disneyland; each girl had their own corresponding adult (lolo, lola, and auntie) assigned to them besides having their mom and and dad there. It was a lot of fun. The oldest girl and my kid basically look like twins. The baby was such a snuggle bug. Gave me a glimpse of what having a baby girl would be like.
- •Cool and not-super-girly-girl clothes in stores.Always a surplus of girls clothing out there. Getting past all the vomit Pepto pink, there are lots offbeat selections in grey, yellows, and other fun prints. Thanks, Etsy, H and M Kids, Cotton On Kids, and Instagram. Take my money. 💰💸💸💵💳
- •AND then I remember why I'm good with one kiddo.
- •Working camp every summer and listening to all the stupid little girl drama.Main reason I don't want to have a second kid and for sure not a little girl: stupid little girl drama that turns into stupid middle-school drama, that snowballs into mean girls high school drama, and ridiculously can be carried into adult girl drama. Don't be a hoe.
- •Hoe clothing for five year olds.What the hell! Seriously, glad I have a son as my first kid. I can't event with the outfits that are out there. And I remember what I wanted to go try to get away with growing up...I believe in Karma. 😁😑🙄
- •It's not financially responsible.I have a college education. I have a full time job that I love and enjoy. I have a mortgage. I have loans. I am married with one kid. And I still feel like it's not enough. It probably isn't since I work in education. In today's economy, it would be very selfish to consider a second kid with the current lifestyle (which is nice and comfortable) we have. I want my kid to continue with music lessons and other cool things that would definitely need to be curbed if I had kid two.
- •I'm blessed with what we have.There are times when we have to be more careful and watch our life on mint, but we truly are blessed to have what we have. I'm blessed with the kiddo we have and when we decided to have him. I love the fun we get to have. I love the work I get to do. I truly think it would be unfair and selfish to try to bring a kid2 into the conversation.